Pennington Court is an intensive support service consisting of eight separate apartments. We support people with a learning disability, who may also have mental health needs or exhibit behaviours that challenge.
Our apartments are designed as a ‘step up’ or ‘step down’ for individuals who require more intensive support following deterioration in their mental health or behaviours. They are also suitable for people who are ready to move from a hospital environment into the community with intense support and structure. We work closely with other professionals, including psychologists, psychotherapists, occupational therapists, behaviour therapists and any other health professionals as required.
Our aim is for the people we support to gain independence in all aspects of their lives and to become part of the local community by making use of local facilities. Each individual is supported in a way that best meets their own needs and wishes.
We hold regular meetings where everyone can discuss their views on how our apartments are run. Our residents are supported to develop their skills at home and in their local community, with opportunities for education and employment.
We support people to maintain close effective relationships with family and friends where appropriate as part of the rehabilitative process. Where possible we can facilitate family visits and overnight stays.
Our facilities include:
- Eight spacious apartments – suitable either for those gradually increasing their independence or for people with moderate to high support needs who will benefit from being in a smaller bespoke environment, whilst having the advantage of the proximity of the core service.
- A communal lounge including TV and stereo
- A spacious kitchen/diner
- An outdoor garden area, for relaxing, gardening and BBQs
- Further adaptations can be made to meet individual sensory, physical and psychological needs
- We have a secure coded entry/exit system
- An enclosed private garden
We are committed to providing the highest quality and standard of care based on a multi-disciplinary contribution, focusing on placing the individual at the centre, supported by the people who are significant to them. We will facilitate a bespoke professional support network around each individual to meet their specific needs.
We operate a key worker system, the purpose is to:
- Provide each person with individual support and care through a named person with whom they have the opportunity to develop an appropriate working relationship
- Enable a consistent approach
- Ensure information is collected and collated to accurately reflect the up to date medical therapeutic, care and support needs of the individual, within the relevant plans, so that appropriate and informed decisions can be made by the individual, or indeed other professionals
- Positively contribute to periodic reviews
Our staff will support people to access any specialist care they may require. This could include occupational therapy, speech and language therapy or behavioural therapy. Each person has regular reviews as well as multi-disciplinary meetings to ensure the support is responsive to the individual’s needs and in line with their long term aspirations.