Park View Road provides support to ten people with learning disabilities, autism and other complex needs, who may exhibit some challenging behaviour. The residents are supported and encouraged to achieve their full potential, enabling them to live a life of enjoyment, fulfilment and quality.
Our vision is to encourage and support continuous improvement and quality of life for the people we support, adopting a flexible, person-centred approach whilst recognising individual challenges.
We realise this by:
- Undertaking a range of assessments and observations to create a suitable environment based on each person’s needs.
- Working in partnership with internal and external networks to ensure expert advice and support is explored and adopted.
- Provide an extensive range of learning and development for our staff ensuring they have the skills and ability to offer tailored support.
We practice a positive behaviour support approach by working proactively with the residents. The residents are encouraged to understand their challenges and recognise what triggers them and learn effective coping strategies.
Park View Road is situated in Bradford just outside of the city in Heaton, West Yorkshire. The home’s location allows easy access to a wide variety of attractions to suit all preferences. The scenic surroundings of Lister, Saltire and North-cliff Parks, Ogden Waters, and Heaton Woods offer opportunities for quiet relaxation in the open air. Our residents also get involved in light walks and charity events with the local community.
Within Bradford lies Great Horton and Thornton Road, which offer a more atmospheric environment buzzing with busy shops and restaurants. Shipley Town, Foster Square Retail Park, and the City centre offer retail, adventure and educational activities to suit each person's needs.
Our home has a warm, friendly, homely atmosphere, which compromises of nine personalised bedrooms. Three of these rooms have an en-suite, and there is a self-contained one bedroom flat, with kitchenette, dining/lounge area, a large bedroom and en-suite shower room. There are two large bathrooms with specialist baths, a large shower room and two separate toilets.
Park View Road has two large lounge areas and a stylish dining area, a welcoming reception area and a kitchenette where we encourage the people we support to make drinks and snacks, promoting independence.
The home utilises an electronic door entry system that gives the people we support full or restricted access around the home and garden depending upon their individual needs and assessed risk.
Our staff at Park View Road consists of a Registered Home Manager, two Team Leaders, four Shift Leaders, and Support workers for days and waking nights and a chef.
All our staff practice the Positive Behaviour Support ethos and principles and are fully trained in MAPA.
- Care – We go the extra mile and look for and share opportunities that will enhance people’s lives.
- Team Working – Look after each other to ensure the people we support receive the best care and support from us.
- Fairness and equality – Individual support, Individual goals, Individual outcomes, Individual lives, Equal Opportunities.
- Be there – Our staff make a difference, they make every day count and contribute to the success we all aim to achieve.
- Communication – The team share, listen, learn and adopt individual styles of communication and do what is required to understand.