Voyage Care have signed up to the Driving Up Quality Code – a code for providers and commissioners developed by the Driving Up Quality Alliance. The code was developed following the abuse of people with a learning disability and autism at Winterbourne View and is part of a Winterbourne View Concordat and action plan to make sure that this never happens again.
Signing up to the code is a further commitment to driving up the quality of support from Voyage Care for people with a learning disability and/or autism.
The code focuses around the following 5 key areas which align closely with Voyage Care’s values:
- Support is focused on the person.
- The person is supported to have an ordinary and meaningful life.
- Care and support focuses on people being happy and having a good quality of life.
- A good culture is important to the organisation.
- Managers and board members lead and run the organisation we
Providers that sign up to the code must complete a self-assessment and action plan annually, which are co-produced. We have engaged with people we support and families and views captured from this engagement have informed the assessment and action planning process.
A copy of our current Driving Up Quality Self-Assessment and Action Plan is available to download below.