We have compiled some resources we hope you will find useful during these unprecedented and difficult times. Our goal is to:
- Bring you reliable, trustworthy and easy to understand information.
- Give you ideas on how you can support people with learning disabilities, autism and complex needs through this difficult time.
- Keep you informed of our response.
- Shine a light on all the positive things happening in social care.
- Share some external resources you may find useful.
How are we responding?
- Our COVID-19 update
- Our COVID-19 response
- Visiting arrangements during COVID-19
- Can’t Stop, Won’t stop campaign: Just like our wonderful colleagues at the NHS, social care must continue! Our staff are going above and beyond to keep the people we support safe.
Easy read resources
- An easy read guide to COVID-19, also known as Coronavirus
- An easy read guide to self-isolation
- An easy read guide to washing your hands
- An easy read guide to online food shopping
- An easy read guide to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Supporting autistic people during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Podcast: COVID-19 and autistic people
- Our Facebook page – we’re sharing all the things our services are doing to keep busy on a daily basis.
Our Internal Communications team have created a bitesize version of our company magazine, Zest, to share all the fun and exciting things our services have been up to!
Staying positive and active
Here are some heartwarming stories showcasing how our services have stayed upbeat during the pandemic.
- Three Sisters are keeping busy
- Residents have a bostin’ time at Peaky Blinders Day
- Agricola House focuses on mental wellbeing and positivity during lockdown
- Our very own travelling zoo
- Travelling zoo update!
- It’s festival season at our services!
- Coronavirus drives Hollie’s savings towards independence!
- Achieving garden goals in lockdown
- Making a splash at Marner House!
- “My religion means everything to me” – Q&A with Lamin at Willowbrook
- Staff supporting each other: Tweed Lodge’s “Good Wullie Donation Box”
- Many hands make light work
- How this Essex care home keeps residents upbeat during COVID-19
- Thomas makes his presenting debut!
- The icing is on the cake
- When the going gets tough, our services get active
- Keeping the faith
- Learning new skills in lockdown
- Broadview are feeling Zen
- Creative ways to keep up routines!
- The power of a clap
- Meet the new COVID-characters created in our services!
- More than just a helping hand
- “I know my daughter’s in good hands…”
- Redbank House are Prader-Willi superheroes!