Complexity in care needs varies with all children and young people. It may be necessary for healthcare assistants and nurses to complete bespoke, child specific training tailored to meet the individual needs of the child or young person.
Following a needs assessment by both a Clinical Nurse Manager and a Clinical Nurse Educator, bespoke training will be allocated and completed with staff identified to work with your child or young person.
This ensures our healthcare assistants provide safe, consistent and personalised care to your child or young person.
Training covers a range of clinical and specialist procedures including:
- Bowel management
- Colostomy/Ilesotomy care
- Complex tracheostomy care (cuffed/fome)
- Diabetes management (blood sugar and ketones monitoring, insulin administration)
- Emergency hickman line training
- Intermittent catheterisation (male and female)
- Suprapubic catheter care management
- Symptom management plans