Sebastian* lives at a Voyage Care residential service in Gloucestershire. He has an acquired brain injury following a road traffic accident. As part of his therapy Sebastian* has been making his own music for nearly two years. In one of the tracks, My Story, Sebastian* talks about his accident and how it has affected him.
He has released some of his music online on SoundCloud under the artist name Karm: https://soundcloud.com/user-659299304. Sebastian* continues to work closely with Music Therapist Marcus Campbell, who visits the service and helps Sebastian* to record his music.
- What inspired you to start making your own music?
I wanted to tell people about my accident, music was an expressive way to do it.
- How has Voyage helped you with your music?
They have given me a chance to express myself and set up therapy sessions.
- How often do you write music?
- Do you enjoy performing your music?
Yes very much.
- How does your music help you?
It helps me get my feelings out and be expressive.
- What is your favourite type of music?
Rock & Pop.
- Who are your musical heroes?
Shakin’ Stevens & Michael Jackson, I’m a huge fan of both.
*Names changed for confidentiality