Keith lives at a Voyage Care residential service in Gloucester. He has an acquired brain injury following a road traffic accident. As part of his therapy Keith has been making his own music for nearly two years. In one of the tracks, My Story, Keith talks about his accident and how it has affected him.
He has released some of his music online on SoundCloud under the artist name Karm: https://soundcloud.com/user-659299304. Keith continues to work closely with Music Therapist Marcus Campbell, who visits the service and helps Keith to record his music.
- What inspired you to start making your own music?
I wanted to tell people about my accident, music was an expressive way to do it.
- How has Voyage helped you with your music?
They have given me a chance to express myself and set up therapy sessions.
- How often do you write music?
- Do you enjoy performing your music?
Yes very much.
- How does your music help you?
It helps me get my feelings out and be expressive.
- What is your favourite type of music?
Rock & Pop.
- Who are your musical heroes?
Shakin’ Stevens & Michael Jackson, I’m a huge fan of both.