Across the company we support hundreds of people with autistic spectrum disorders. We understand that each person is an individual with their own needs and preferences and work with them and their families to create detailed plans of how they wish to be supported.
Below are some examples of the specialist support we can offer:
- A variety of communication support systems and tools, making sure all staff know how each person prefers to communicate
- An understanding of the importance of routine to many individuals
- Experience of supporting people to manage and reduce behaviours that challenge
- Staff training tailored to the needs of people they work with
- Monitoring of patterns and trends of anxiety to predict periods of time or situations when an individual may need extra support
- Opportunities for everyone to build independence, make choices and express their personality
- A low stimulus environment designed with sensory needs in mind
- TEACCH to offer structure and consistency, with person centred approaches used when creating schedules
- A wide sensory diet that can be used to tighten scheduling systems, helping to manage behaviours that may be challenging and promote self-management.
- Being part of the local community - building confidence and self-esteem and offering opportunities to deal with change in a manageable way, if people wish
Use our search facility to find services in your area.