This year, the Voyage Excellence Awards will be on 11 October and nominations are open from 1 - 30 June. The competition is always fierce in every category and it is imperative that your nomination stands out from the crowd for it to get through to the judges!
This years categories are:
- Field Support Based Team Member of the Year
- Specialist Team of the Year
- Community Support Branch of the Year
- Community Support Manager of the Year (to include field care supervisors)
- Community Support Worker of the Year
- Community Support Team of the Year
- Care Home Manager of the Year
- Care Home Team of the Year
- Care Home Support Worker of the Year
- Group Support Team Member of the Year
- Group Support Team of the Year
- Learner of the Year
Micheala, our Risk and Governance Manager is also a judge on the Voyage Excellence Awards panel, she shares some insider information on how to create an outstanding nomination and gives us her top tips!
Being a judge is an honour and a privilege and it has been a very rewarding part of my role for the last 4 years. Recognition in the workplace is a positive thing. There is no disputing the fact that ourstaff are highly motivated and engaged in their roles. Whilst we can only honour a few with an award there are many deserving members of staff that clearly deserve one.
If you think that a member of staff in your service demonstrates the criteria for an award and you believe their contribution stands out from other people’s then please do consider nominating them for one of Voyage Care’s awards. It costs nothing to write and submit a nomination and all nominees will be informed that they were nominated for an award and I am sure that this, in itself, will make the person feel valued and thrilled to know that their hard work has been recognised. In order for your nomination to stand out against the many others we receive, you must explain and include evidence and clear examples of what makes your nominee so exceptional.
When writing your nomination, keep your explanations clear and to the point while ensuring there is enough information for the selection panel to make their decision. The panel won’t know anything about the fantastic work that the person you are nominating has done and can only take into consideration what they are reading.
My top 5 tips for a fantastic nomination
- Give yourself enough time to write the nomination – don’t leave it to the last minute.
- Choose the most appropriate category for your nomination – read the award descriptions carefully before selecting the category for your nomination.
- State clearly - at the beginning or your nomination - why you think your nominee deserves to win. You can reiterate this at the end of your nomination as well.
- Describe clearly the reasons, giving examples of why your nominee deserves to win.
- Bear in mind that the judges have to read a lot of nominations so make sure you describe clearly how the person you are nominating has gone above and beyond and the impact that has had on others.
To make a nomination, just click here!