We're getting involved with the Learning Disability Week campaign (19 - 25 June) , run by our Learning Disability Voices partner Mencap. The theme for this year is employment and the latest statistics sugggest the number of adults with learning disabilities in paid employment is declining. We want to highlight the positive impact employment and volunteering has on the people we support and the organisations they work for, so stay tuned to find out more.
This week we will be posting stories and information including:
- Why getting a job is good for you
- We got back in touch with Ben Jordan's manager to find out how he has been getting on
- We found out how volunteering for Adam Smart has made an impact on his life
- The positive impact having job has had on Scott Brown
- We will be catching up with Alison Nicholl's to see what she has been getting up to with our Quality Team
- A day in the life of... Jonathan Parish
This is our Learning Disability Week 2017 video, music credit: Bensound.com.
You can keep up to date with our news and events around Learning Disability Week using the links below: